04 August 2011

Harper Perennial hearts Kindle

The imprint known for its paperback originals (including the adorable Olive Editions) and social-media friendliness put 20 of its books on sale for $0.99 during August. Titles include Neal Pollack's STRETCH and Rachel Shukert's EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE GREAT. Because I have so much discipline, I have only purchased one because the author's fiancée wrote about it on Tumblr. See, the social internet book-selling machine works! (But if I finish that one I might buy another.) (Gosh I have no idea where all these books come from.)

5 comments:

Peter Knox said...

This might be the best thing you've ever directed me to.

Ellen said...

Not afraid to be servicey here!

I almost bought about half of them myself. That one-click purchase button is a killer.

Terry said...

I recommend Jason Mulgrew's Everything Is Wrong With Me. It's short, but it's very funny, and he's a legendary social media presence. I met him in person once, and he's a cool guy. Basically a real-life It's Always Sunny character.

Ellen said...

That's the one I bought, even though I saw him read last year and I wasn't really impressed.

Terry said...

I bought that one and Postcards From A Dead Girl (or whatever its title is). I remember the AV Club gave it a good review when it came out.