06 September 2011

Summer Reading 2011 Wrap-Up

Guys! A really exciting thing happened this summer!


I started "Parks and Rec" over and I finally got to the first Rob Lowe/ Adam Scott episode! "Is there a not-gay way to ask him to go camping with me?" Wait wait, wrong internet.

There was a funny article a few weeks ago on Salon.com where authors were asked what books they really read this summer, not the ones they had aspirations to finish. Not surprising, they (including Tom Perrotta, Laura Hillenbrand, and debut novelist Amy Waldman) all still got a lot accomplished even if it wasn't Proust!

Sailing through this summer without a list was easier than I expected. I still read just as much, maybe even a hair more than last summer, and I read a fair amount of random stuff. I'm also pretty far along in 2666, and that was my major project. The part where I've really fallen down was blogging about them, so if you're wondering why I am still writing about books that I finished months ago... hey, we're not on a strict editorial schedule here.

That said, I'd probably write another list next summer. It's just how I roll. Should I make a fall reading list? What was the best thing you read all summer? 

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The best thing I read this summer was Michael Chabon's THE YIDDISH POLICEMAN'S UNION (but, seeing as I spent most of the summer reading ATLAS SHRUGGED, it didn't really have any competition).

But summer's not over yet!

In the late spring (technically not summer yet), I read Olivia Judson's DR. TATIANA'S SEX ADVICE TO ALL CREATION, which was really great.

Anonymous said...

Lies My Mother Never Told Me, by Kaylie Jones. ~Jen