17 August 2010

"Dragon Tattoo" adaptation sets stars

Onto the next book-turned-movie that's bound to disappoint me: Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara will costar in the forthcoming inevitable American adaptation of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo," to begin shooting in Sweden next month. Craig was rumored already and while he's younger than I would have picked for Blomkvist, he's better than previous likely choice Brad Pitt. While not a total unknown, Rooney Mara is unknown to me, and choosing an actress without an iconic role may have been the best way out. Well, we'll see her in "The Social Network" this fall. (I think she's the weird crying girl, but I could be wrong.)

A friend who hasn't read the books asked me what the age difference was between the characters, compared to the actors: Blomkvist is 42 in the first book and Salander is 24, and those are the exact ages of Craig and Mara right now. Now you know! Liam Neeson would have been too old after all.

No comments: