30 August 2010

Franzenfest T-1: Franzenfest Eve!

It's not technically an embargo, but I understand the Sarah Lawrence College bookstore started selling copies of FREEDOM on Saturday. (I didn't go all the way up there to, ahem, verify.)

I finally had time to sit down with the Tanenhaus review over the weekend -- with the PAPER Times, no less! -- and good LORD is it windy. Without speculating on the internal politics of one of the last freestanding book review sections in the country, I suspect the first eight paragraphs could be cut from the review without meaningful damage, and the 9/11 imagery is, as usual, uncalled for. That's my review of the review.

If you're planning to read FREEDOM, have you pre-ordered, or are you even going to the bookstore on publication day? Buy it now or wait for interlibrary loan?

No comments: