08 August 2010

"Writing the books – as opposed to flamming up the sales figures to flatter the subjects – was actually a job I rather relished. My research was painstaking, bordering on stalker-ish, as well as long-winded, since Google's founders were about 12 at the time. By way of example, I once drove from London to Blackpool and back to check one Cleese fact. And I went to Los Angeles for each book because there were better press clippings libraries there."
--Jonathan Margolis used to write unauthorized celebrity biographies, and now he feels sorry. And the reason, should you bother to read the whole essay, is that his wife's sister who used to be in a band I've never heard of just wrote an autobiography and now he's all hurt that she put in some stuff about his wife that wasn't true. Which is just like being Angelina Jolie! Maybe someone will write an unauthorized bio about Margolis for being the owner of the world's tiniest violin.

No comments: