15 November 2009

What they're saying about reading and writing on Twitter

"I'm pretty sure this is the 1st time I have seen the word 'masshole' appear in print. Good on you, Mr. King."
--@mcgee_gorgo reading UNDER THE DOME for the good stuff, including (if you haven't heard) derogatory slang for residents of Massachusetts.

"Totally sucked at Borges Hero tonight. Failed out of "Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius" on Easy, and now I'm not even sure if I'm real."
--@hotdogsladies wants you to try and beat him on Jorge Luis Borges.

"Avoid using 'gadzooks,' lest your monocle pop out and land in your jar of mustache wax."
--@FakeAPStylebook is still pure gold. I don't think I've ever said this about a Twitter account before, but someone get this guy a book deal (and a lawyer for the inevitable Associated Press lawsuit).

"in the midst of a SESTINA FAIL"
--If like me you would be completely unable to help @allysonkalea with her poetics emergency, here's an example of a sestina by W.H. Auden.

2 comments:

8yearoldsdude said...

mcgee gorgo clearly does not live or or read our disposable weeklies

Ellen said...

I think he meant in a book, but point taken.