14 November 2009

Opening this weekend: "The Fantastic Mr. Fox"



I haven't seen this yet, but I'm going to go ahead and recommend it because I like Wes Anderson that much. In fact, this would be a great place to report on the free talk Anderson gave earlier this week in New York, but I didn't get to it early enough and was turned away (and went home to flavor my can of Sparks with tears). Meryl Streep was there too! Oh well.

I might be more hesitant if this were one of my favorite Roald Dahl books, but it's not. I think we're all more susceptible to bad movie adaptations of our childhood favorites; I had to change the channel on "Matilda" after about 20 minutes.

2 comments:

Wade Garrett said...

I'm with you. Even if Wes Anderson's movies weren't hilarious and awesome - which they are - he would still have a lifetime pass in my book for resurrecting Bill Murray's career.

Marjorie said...

I'm a little startled that the voices are so American. Looks like fun, though.