30 November 2009

Back from the not so wild West

Months since leaving New York before last week: Almost 4.

Books packed: 6
Hours spent on flights each way: 6.5, approx.
Books left in airports or on airplanes: 1
Books lent to other members of the family: 1
Books borrowed from family members: 2, THE YACOUBIAN BUILDING and THE BIG BURN

Books bought: 0.
Books read: 4.


Adaptations watched of books I haven't read: 2 ("The Blind Side" and "The Men Who Stare At Goats" -- guess which one made me want to read the source material more?)
Adaptations not watched of books I have read: 1 ("The Time Traveler's Wife" was showing on the plane; I am mildly curious, since I liked the book.)

Books I saw people reading on my last flight (an incomplete study):
  • Arundhati Roy, THE GOD OF SMALL THINGS
  • Terry Pratchett, NIGHT WATCH
  • Nicholas Sparks, DEAR JOHN
  • Martin Amis, TIME'S ARROW
  • Patrick Tyler, A WORLD OF TROUBLE
  • William P. Young, THE SHACK

2 comments:

Special Operative said...

Hey, I read Time's Arrow on a plane a year ago too. Maybe that was me in an alternate reverse timed dimension?

Ellen said...

Well, he was younger than you... but what was Alternate Dimension You doing when you got off in Harlem? Going to the new Costco?