10 September 2009

"I used to write in a local coffee shop, but there was another guy, another writer, who kept sitting in my favorite seat. I would show up, and he would be there, and I would get exiled to a couch or something, and it would throw me off my game. Then I figured out that he was Jonathan Safran Foer. True story. You don’t get over a thing like that."
--Lev Grossman: First-time novelist, TIME book critic, obvious bookworm hipster douchebag. (And I an even bigger one for thinking "Figured out!? All you need is one good look.")

Clearly, JSF's game was not thrown off by working in the vicinity of someone who has written about him; his new book EATING ANIMALS hits stores November 2.

2 comments:

Wade Garrett said...

I wonder which coffee shop it was? Probably one of the ones on 7th Avenue. I've know JSF to write in one of the reading rooms of the central branch of the Brooklyn Public Library; I had no idea that he regularly wrote at a coffee shop as well.

Ellen said...

I hear he also writes at your kitchen table while you're out of town.