17 September 2009

Brad Meltzer celebrates his weaknessess

What to do when some major outlets give you negative reviews? Get old people and adorable children to read them! That's what Brad Meltzer did for the paperback release of his seventh novel THE BOOK OF LIES:



Confession: I watched this video all the way through to see if my (also negative) review was mentioned in it in it. No dice. Once I dug up my actual review, though, I realized I hadn't really written anything particularly blurbable. I didn't hate the book, I just thought the mythology got way out of hand.

(Via Debbie Ridpath Ohi.)

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

...Wow.

Ellen said...

Wow, you're surprised his publicity folks let him get away with it?

Marjorie said...

Yes, and also wow, that is just a really ballsy way to react to negative reviews. I don't know what the goal was, either, as this didn't make me want to read the book. But it's a kind of amazing video.