18 May 2011

Aaron Sorkin on blogging

"When I read the Times or The Wall Street Journal, I know those reporters had to have cleared a very high bar to get the jobs they have. When I read a blog piece from "BobsThoughts.com," Bob could be the most qualified guy in the world but I have no way of knowing that because all he had to do to get his job was set up a website--something my 10-year-old daughter has been doing for 3 years. When The Times or The Journal get it wrong they have a lot of people to answer to. When Bob gets it wrong there are no immediate consequences for Bob except his wrong information is in the water supply now so there are consequences for us."
--From The Atlantic. I didn't realize since "Studio 60" went off the air he had become so adept at playing the tiny violin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ouch!