24 November 2010

Reading on The Road: Final Frontier Edition


It's now or never! On this trip, for the first time ever, I am only bringing my Kindle. It made sense because I had too many books to bring and will be jamming all my luggage into your overhead bin (yes, yours; sorry) on my way across the country. Also, I took a health survey at work and was paid off in Amazon credit. (Was I supposed to spend it on my actual health?) Here are a few books I have on there in preparation:

Siddhartha Mukherjee, THE EMPEROR OF ALL MALADIES
Haruki Murakami, A WILD SHEEP CHASE
Howard Jacobson, THE FINKLER QUESTION
Louis Auchincloss, A VOICE FROM OLD NEW YORK
THE BEST AMERICAN ESSAYS 2010

Either this is going to work, or I will be reviewing a lot of airport books in December. "Whoops, no, I didn't read the book club book, but that Nora Roberts is crazy, right?" (I kid a bit. In the worst case scenario I'll just pillage from my mom's stash, because she will probably have extra books along. That's what you get for not reading my blog, Mom!)

What are you reading this weekend?

2 comments:

Wade Garrett said...

I am finishing Watson's Apology, then starting The Irregulars. I hope to read more than that, but as I get older and my trips home get shorter and shorter, I necessarily spend a smaller percentage of them reading.

Anonymous said...

I read All the Names by Jose Saramago. I've never read books by him before. WOW! I loved it. ~Jen