09 November 2011

Watch Chad Harbach make protein bars

Full disclosure: I had to watch the first minute over because I was so distracted by the host's shirt. So many zebras.



"There's probably some virtue in it, and at a certain point you're just trapped."

I don't agree that people can't dislike THE ART OF FIELDING, and surely they don't all object to him on the grounds Harbach describes. But the group he describes, they would certainly object to it, yes. (But I'm from a margarine family, so what do I know?)

3 comments:

Saint Mooney said...

Can I just say that I'm a gay person who hated the gay content because it was written by someone who had never met a gay person in his life?

Ellen said...

Sure, and I don't think you're alone in that opinion. Matthew Gallaway's piece in The Millions had a fair amount of reservations about it, for example.

For my own curiosity, which writers do you think he should have been cribbing off of to do that storyline better?

Saint Mooney said...

Allan Hollinghurst, whose reputation so precedes him that the first review of The Stranger's Child basically begins by asking: "Where is the gay sex I was promised!"