04 November 2011

Reading on the Road: Just Elvis and me edition


Oh happy day! I'm in Las Vegas right now. I packed Peter Nadas' PARALLEL STORIES, a truly massive tome that ought to stand up to 2 cross-country flights... plus the Kindle, just in case. For the flights, of course. I was going to toss in 2666 as well, but some things one cannot justify, and anyway I needed that space for shoes. Email me if you want a postcard!

(The last time I was in Vegas I did the whole theme reading bit with FEAR AND LOATHING and so on, which helped to give a sense of the place... I think it helps. If I had more time this time I might have done similarly.)

Photo: mkoukoullis

1 comment:

The Ghost Of Roberto Bolano said...

Shoe space, eh? I will console myself that at least you didn't bring any Octavio Paz.