03 October 2011

September Unbookening and the cloud of inspecific dissatisfaction

Bought 6 books
Received 11 to review
Checked out 4 from the library
Got 1 as a gift
22 in

Lent 3
Gave away 6
Returned 7
16 out

I suppose a better person would have spent that Groupon on books to donate... but I am not that better person. Have I used the excuse that "Well, I'm just going to spend all of [next month] reading and not shopping" yet? I haven't? Sweet!

In September I only finished half the number of books as I did in August, for a few reasons (slogging through a few longer books, fewer holidays, "there's never any time!" etc). But there isn't really an unbookening correlation; I did just about as well last month (i.e. not well). I guess the ideal Unbookening month would either fall right before I move again, or in which I read a lot of books I owned but didn't end up liking -- but those are both unappetizing prospects for life.

No comments: