20 October 2011


There's really nothing funny about Stonewall, but this has to be one of the funniest book titles/ covers/ concepts I have ever seen in my life. In vain have I tried to find out whether this is one of a "History's Passion" series of erotica set against Famous Stuff Happening:

  • "History's Passion: Sex Before The Fall Of Rome"
  • "History's Passion: Sex Before Columbus"
  • "History's Passion: Sex Before Washington Crossed the Delaware"
  • "History's Passion: Sex Before Haymarket"
  • "History's Passion: Sex The Night Before The Trinity Test" (actually, who am I kidding, I would read that)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

For some reason, when I looked at that book cover, my brain transposed "Richard Labonte" into "Harry Belafonte" (whom I know mostly from this YouTube video, about which my former choir director said "I don't often call something the DEFINITIVE performance of a piece, but for this, I'll make an exception"), and I was very confused.

Ellen said...

Wait, I can bring it back on topic! Did you know Harry Belafonte's memoir came out last week? However, I do not know whether this career highlight made it in.