03 July 2010

Reading on the Road: Don't Bring Me Down Edition

I'm going home to the Midwest for the weekend -- a short trip, but a relatively long to-do list. I have four goals: see my family, locate my copy of CLOUD ATLAS, enact vengeance and get a few good nights' sleep. (Kicking ass and chewing bubblegum will have to wait till next trip.) By the time you read this, I'll probably be working on one of those objectives; time is precious.

I'm taking Allegra Goodman's THE COOKBOOK COLLECTOR, EIGHT MEN OUT and David Foster Wallace's EVERYTHING AND MORE. That's 2/3 library books, which probably shouldn't happen but I'm not taking much with me so I still have room. The Wallace book would probably rank in the top five hardest books I've read since college, so why am I enjoying it so much?

Have a great weekend, whether it's your Independence Day or just the 4th.

1 comment:

Wade Garrett said...

My goals:

1) Get a few good nights' sleep
2) Get some sunshine and, possibly, a suntan
3) Finish Mad Men Season 3
4) Make singificant progress in Howard Bryant's biography of Henry Aaron
5) (Re-) establish a foothold in Infinite Jest.

Good luck seeking your vengence!