19 July 2010

Have you had your rage today?

"I read [David Foster Wallace's] INFINITE JEST when it came out and I didn't love it. I looked down on it. I was like, Oh, he's using things from Gaddis's RECOGNITIONS; he stole that. What a fucking shit I was. Then I reread it and started watching interviews with the guy. He looked exactly like me, the old back-flipped hair, like pictures of me in the '90s. I thought, Man, I want to interview this guy. I'll call Rolling Stone and ask, "I would like to interview David Foster Wallace." That was my big plan. Then he went and selfishly killed himself. It devastated me, it really did."

James "LCD Soundsystem" Murphy in Time Out Chicago (via wallace-l). Well, this is a relief; I always disliked the guy and now I have specific evidence.

No comments: