22 June 2010

Baseball Week 2: The Vengeance

Between August 2 and 8 this blog will be all baseball books, all the time. It's late but it's longer than ever! Here's the lineup:

Aug. 2: Eliot Asinof, EIGHT MEN OUT
Aug. 3: Philip Roth, THE GREAT AMERICAN NOVEL
Aug. 4: Filmbook: "Eight Men Out" (John Sayles, 1988)
Aug. 5: Jim Bouton, BALL FOUR
Aug. 6: Jonathan Mahler, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE BRONX IS BURNING
Aug. 7: Jason Turbow and Michael Duca, THE BASEBALL CODES
Aug. 8: Open Forum

Read one, read a few, read them all.

I would like to get a second novel in there somewhere, but the only one that has caught my eye is the 600-plus-page THE BROTHERS K; I will keep looking but no promises.

2 comments:

Wade Garrett said...

There are some good baseball novels, but I don't know which ones you've already read.

Ellen said...

Not all that many... give me one you think I'd like, and I'll tell you whether I've read it.