23 April 2010

Simmer down, Carolyn

This is the Washington Post with, let's face it, a bit of a crush, really:
Paolo Giordano, at the age of 27, has recently completed a doctorate in particle physics, and he's an incontrovertible hottie. I don't know what any of this has to do with the quality of his novel, but, the book business being what it is these days, that can only be a blessing.
There is no such thing as an incontrovertible hottie. I'm pretty sure that was the 11th commandment because it dovetails in so nicely with not coveting thy neighbor's wife.

Anyway, I read a much more positive review of Mr. Giordano's book, THE SOLITUDE OF PRIME NUMBERS, a few weeks ago that didn't mention his looks. I'm inclined to check it out because I like to see what makes a foreign best-seller. This is what he looks like, draw your own conclusions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesomely wrong. What a review!