23 May 2009

Reading and drinking, the sequel

I picked the wrong weekends to go away this month! (Well, I didn't pick them, they picked me, but that is not the point.) I already missed the New York Lit Crawl, and this week's recommendation of a thing I cannot attend but you should is the Hudson Valley Literary Festival today in Hudson, NY. Visit with your favorite small presses from 11 to 4 at the Hudson Opera House and then hit the free reading at Hudson Wine Merchants. Free wine and recent confirmed Pearl Jam fan Joshua Ferris, who by dint of getting his second mention on this blog this week is now suspected of having a new novel coming out. You know, how stars turn up on talk shows or have tabloid affairs "conveniently" right before their blockbusters are released. Veeery interesting.

No comments: