14 May 2009

And now, a literary musical interlude

It could be successfully argued that only one of these songs is actually about reading, and that's this one:
We've been livin' in hovels/ Spendin' all our money on brand-new novels

Couldn't find an actual video for this one, just audio, but it sure is catchy.
You think she's an open book but you don't know which page to turn to, do you, do you.


This one is the newest to me. You know when you go to a place you've never been before, but you instantly feel like you've been there for years? Or meet a person who puts you at ease? That's how I felt when I heard this song. On a less ethereal note, what are the backup dancers wearing on their heads?

1 comment:

Wade Garrett said...

Elvis Costello is one of my favorite musicians and "Every Day I Write The Book" is one of his coolest songs.