25 December 2008

What I Gave This Year

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate! I'm spending time under the tree with my family, but here's a partial list of books I personally gave this year.
  • Roy Blount Jr., ALPHABET JUICE: THE ENERGIES, GISTS, AND SPIRITS OF LETTERS, WORDS, AND COMBINATIONS THEREOF; THEIR ROOTS, BONES, INNARDS, PITHS, PIPS, AND SECRET PARTS... WITH EXAMPLES OF THEIR USAGE FOUL AND SAVORY
  • Ammon Shea, READING THE OED -- My friend Marjorie gave it such a glowing review on Goodreads I knew it would be great for a particular wordy relative.
  • Brian Raftery, DON'T STOP BELIEVIN': HOW KARAOKE CHANGED MY LIFE
  • Steve Hely and Vali Chandrasekaran, THE RIDICULOUS RACE
  • Roger Bennett and Jules Shell, CAMP CAMP: WHERE FANTASY ISLAND MEETS LORD OF THE FLIES

No comments: