01 September 2008

Unbookening Month 7: Big Box Edition


The Seventh Month of the Great Unbookening
5 books gotten on Bookmooch
13 books checked out of the library
11 books received for review
Bought 2 books
= 31 books in.

2 books given away on BookMooch (1 was already listed before August, 1 I listed because I thought it would be vaguely insulting to give someone a book about personal finance, unsolicited)
10 books returned to the library
21 books into the giveaway box
Gave 2 books to my mom
Returned 1 book to my dad
Lent 1 book to my roommate
= 36 books out.

Five more books out than in.

My goal for September, besides staying in negative numbers, is to get my stack of library books down to 3 titles. (I have 10 out right now with one on hold and one in transit.)

Also in an unbookening: The Writer's Coin made a list of all the unread books in the house. I fear if I did that it might actually break the Internet. (Via Bookish on a Budget)

Photo from my Flickr contact, notemily

Books I read this month
101. Mary Cantwell, MANHATTAN MEMOIR (AMERICAN GIRL; MANHATTAN, WHEN I WAS YOUNG; SPEAKING WITH STRANGERS)
102. Cathy Alter, UP FOR RENEWAL
103. Amanda Boyden, PRETTY LITTLE DIRTY
104. Amanda Boyden, BABYLON ROLLING
105. Janet Frame, SCENTED GARDENS FOR THE BLIND
106. Sarah-Kate Lynch, HOUSE OF DAUGHTERS
107. Daniel Levitin, THE WORLD IN SIX SONGS
108. Richard Yates, REVOLUTIONARY ROAD
109. Jincy Willett, THE WRITING CLASS
110. Andrew Sean Greer, THE STORY OF A MARRIAGE [Read all about it here on Wednesday!]
111. Beth Lisick, HELPING ME HELP MYSELF
112. Thomas Nevins, THE AGE OF THE CONGLOMERATES
113. Carissa Halston, A GIRL NAMED CHARLIE LESTER
114. Rachel Cohn and Daniel Levithan, NICK AND NORAH'S INFINITE PLAYLIST [Read all about it here on Sept. 4!]
115. Farnoosh Torabi, YOU'RE SO MONEY
116. Erin McGraw, THE SEAMSTRESS OF HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD
117. Thornton Wilder, OUR TOWN
118. Jean Chatzky, MAKE MONEY, NOT EXCUSES
119. Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, NAOMI AND ELY'S NO KISS LIST
120. Christopher Sandford, POLANSKI: A BIOGRAPHY

No comments: