11 September 2008

Man, Booker...

I have nothing to say about the Booker Prize shortlist because, as usual, I haven't read any of the books. How bad is my track record? In the last 10 years, I've read 11 of the shortlisted books (out of 60), improbably, 2 of which were the winners in their respective years (THE BLIND ASSASSIN in 2000 and THE LIFE OF PI in 2002). Thank goodness The Guardian has digested all the nominees so I don't have to actually read them.

But may I just say, doesn't the photo accompanying that article make them look lovely? I envy the Brits and their exotic-looking covers. (Via Bookslut.)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Not only am I 0 for 6 (surprise surprise), I've never even heard of any of those books (although THE WHITE TIGER seems vaguely familiar, so maybe I heard about it and then forgot, but it still doesn't count).