16 September 2008

ToTT Tuesday: Announcing September's Talk Of The Town Pick

I'm really excited about this one. My next appearance on Talk of the Town with Parker Sunshine will air September 24 and I'm going for a really, really big book. Chances are you've read this author's first novel, a coming-of-age story set at an upper-class high school. And, this being an election year, you've probably heard about some of the political hoopla surrounding her third novel which offers an alternative picture of one of the major figures of our time.

That's why I put down my own money for Curtis Sittenfeld's AMERICAN WIFE, and on the 24th I will tell you whether you should too. If you've already read the book or plan to read it soon, I'd love to hear from you about what you thought (I have started it). For now why not check out my 2006 post on the PREP phenomenon?

No comments: