12 December 2011

One-Star Revue: THE HUNGER GAMES

For the record, I would give this book: 3 stars. (CATCHING FIRE and MOCKINJAY, each 2 stars.)

  • "I was left with a dark, yucky feeling at the end."
  • "Like a bad Michael Bay movie, the plot is all action."
  • "I love this book, I would absolutely rate it five stars if it was not a blatant rip off of several Japanese stories I already know."
  • "I got tired of reading about the emotions Katniss felt about her father. Over and over the same emotions were reviewed." (Ed. Someone send this person a copy of THE PSYCHOPATH TEST.)
  • "My 7th grader is required to read this for her language class, and wanted me to read it so I could discuss some of her homework questions with her. I spent 4 hrs. last night reading it. Then I spent a sleepless night having nightmares related to the plot."
  • "Yes, Suzanne Collins has typed an entire book onto page, yes. I give her a hi-5 because I have never written a book."
  • "THE HUNGER GAMES is like a violent version of a Nicholas Sparks novel." (!!!!!!!)
  • "I wish I could have read a review discouraging me to read this book." (Ed. Uh...)

1 comment:

P said...

Ha! Love these.