04 December 2009


Your Friday afternoon entertainment: Help Goodreads pick its best books of the year in the book-centric social networking site's massive poll. It's not clear how they picked the nominees in each category, especially when it breaks down into genre, but still fun.

If they were really smart, though, they'd only let you vote for books you had marked as read in your account. I made a few uninformed choices -- I wasn't actually aware, for example, that Michael Ian Black had written a children's book before now.

2 comments:

Wade Garrett said...

Only a few of the 45 books I've read so far this year were published in 2009, and a few of those, like Prospect Park West and The Book of Basketball are unlikely to end up on anybody's best-of poll, including my own. Juliet, Naked and How I Became A Famous Novelist are the two front-runners right now, but that may change if I have time to squeeze in The Believers before New Year's Day.

Elizabeth said...

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES was the only book on the list I had read.

Now all I have to do is write a script to anti-vote for THE LOST SYMBOL.