03 December 2009

Holiday Gift Guide 2009 is coming...


Stuck on what to buy for your book-loving friends and family? Let me help you with that! I did a holiday gift guide last year and it was so fun I'm doing it again next week (although radio component is pending) combining books I have read and liked with books that generally intrigue me.

It's earlier than last year's not because of the inexorable march of holiday consumerism, but rather to motivate me to get my holiday shopping done earlier.

Know what you're giving already? Would love to hear your suggestions. Shameless plugs are welcome but (since we have now entered into the era of FTC cover-assery) only in the "I/ My friend/ employer/ Twitter follower wrote a book," not in the paid product placement sense.

Photo: witheyes

2 comments:

Wade Garrett said...

If ever a Christmas present was a sure thing, it is that I am buying my mother Wolf Hall for Christmas. She has consumed all of the Phillipa Gregory/Girl With A Pearl Earing books over the past couple of years, but is beginning to feel guilty about their similarity to each other and their relatively lack of literary merit; Wolf Hall seems to combine the the medieval/renaissance historical fiction she loves with top-tier literary merit.

I'm considering buying And Here's the Kicker for a friend or two - it seems like the perfect sort of present, because they'll enjoy it, but would never think of buying it for themselves.

Ellen said...

I don't know if it would suit anyone on my particular list but WOLF HALL is a great idea, and I've only heard good things about AND HERE'S THE KICKER.