24 December 2009

Live from Whoville

  • I didn't do a proper Reading On The Road list because it was unclear, once again, if the weather would ever allow me to leave New York. On that account I got really lucky, because I can't claim to have foreseen the tiny window left by Eastern and Midwestern weather patterns and pitched myself through it. If you need that luck now, consider it my gift to you.
  • Waiting for my mom to finish THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST is the new waiting for Santa.
  • I went to Best Buy yesterday and was surprised to see they (now?) sell books there. Most of it expected -- the new John Grisham stories, Glenn Beck, THE LOST SYMBOL, teen vampires -- but they also have UP IN THE AIR and THE BLIND SIDE, in case you're marooned somewhere without spare reading material. They also had THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GUIDE in stock, and it's hard to not see that as some sort of ironic comment.
  • We crashed my cousins' early Christmas and watching my 12-year-old cousin open the Kindle she had begged and done extra chores for all year, well, you'd have to be a Luddite not to light up a little. She'll get years and years of use out of it. (Or else, Amazon. Or else.)

1 comment:

Wade Garrett said...

Sort of like waiting for my mother to finish watching "You've Got Mail," only the exact opposite.