26 April 2012

Spotted on the subway

There comes a time in a woman's life when she crosses over a line, beyond which she recognizes there are "heartthrobs" or "hotties" designed for a demographic younger than her own, who hold no attraction for her. For me, that line is the Efron line. I didn't get it when "High School Musical" came out, and I still don't get it now that he's "playing" a "grown-up." Less than a man he resembles a formula plugged in to a person-creating calculator, all plastic-abbed like a Ken doll. Perhaps this woman on the N line just doesn't see it that way.

I enjoyed reading the spoilers for this book on Goodreads, particularly the review declaring that the best developed character in the novel was the dog.

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

I believe I saw a preview for this movie that declared it "the best Nicholas Sparks movie since The Notebook." I laughed and laughed.