07 July 2009

Odds, also ends

According to the 10,000-word Vanity Fair profile which I have yet to finish, former vice presidential candidate, former mayor and former governor Sarah Palin will publish two versions of her memoir, one with "supplemental material on faith" from the Bible-selling Zondervan. This could set a dangerous precedent for made-to-order literature, but did we expect less? (Via Bookslut.)

Sequel news! Author Vikram Seth has written a follow-up to his family epic A SUITABLE BOY, also known as my big fat pretentious Indian novel of yore. A SUITABLE GIRL comes out in 2013 and will focus on the grandchildren of original heroine Lata, the seeker of the suitable boy. I'm telling you now so you have time to read the first one! (Via Quill & Quire)

Which one of the seven types of bookstore customer are you? The commenters got all exercised but I thought it was funny and likely true. I'm a Browser with a sideline in Grazing, which is why I can never just waltz in and pick something up. (Via fuckyeahreading)

I can't remember where I saw this first, but Awful Library Books is kind of genius. My sister once found a book in an elementary school library called WHEN WE GO TO THE MOON -- who knows how many bouts of shelf-tidying it survived.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I am also a Browser with a sideline in Grazing. As I imagine many of us are.

Ellen said...

To be fair, Jess, if I thought I was the Idiot in the description I probably wouldn't admit it!