29 July 2008

ToTT Tuesday: Announcing August's Talk of the Town Pick

My next appearance on "Talk of the Town" will be August 27, and this month I went ahead and picked a book that's already out in paperback in case you want to read along with me. My interest in personal finance has picked up in the last few years, not only as I've been adjusting to the "real world" but also as financial news have been dourly predicting a slump in the American economy. (For a great explanation of that, I recommend a "This American Life" episode called "The Giant Pool of Money.")

So the book I chose is Farnoosh Torabi's YOU'RE SO MONEY: LIVE RICH, EVEN WHEN YOU'RE NOT. Ms. Torabi is a financial reporter for TheStreet.com and hopefully will give us all some pointers. If you, already the savvy saver, don't wish to buy the book first, feel free to wait until the 27th and I'll tell you whether it's worth the splurge. And I'll be posting a little here and there about the book on Tuesdays until then.

Also, the subject of July's show, Jancee Dunn's DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME, hits bookstores today. I gave it three bookmarks, and I meant it!

1 comment:

Anna Weaver Lopiccolo said...

After a friend suggested the "This American Life," the very first podcast I ended up listening to was that "Giant Pool of Money" episode. It's the closest I've come to understanding the mortgage crisis.