01 March 2012

Unbookening: The gauntlet is thrown

If I were a Pinterest user I would probably have a board for really beautifully organized bookshelves to shame myself into clearing mine up. (But maybe you shouldn't use Pinterest anyway until they get this copyright business cleared up.) That said: By next month I am going to have mine cleaned up to the extent that I can put up a picture. It's not going to look like the one at left (think: fewer plants, fewer typewriters). But as the major design feature in my living space I should be able to look at it and not worry that all my SECRET THINGS!!!!! are going to fall out.  

If you would also like to play along with this game, I can throw up a reminder later in the month and you can send me a picture of your shelf (or shelves, you lucky person, you). Really, you only need to clean this one thing. That's the messaging I'm going with and I hope you forgive me. But in any case, I will and then you can snoop at all my books.


On to the main event! 

Checked out 9 books from the library
Bought 4 books on Kindle
Borrowed 1
14 in

Returned 10 to library
Donated 1
11 out

Not spectacular, but I always have a plan.

Photo: finalgirl

2 comments:

Wade Garrett said...

You only have one shelf??? I have one full bookshelf and then two half-bookshelves -- one really small one that only holds about twelve books and then another full-size thing that is half shelves and half drawers.

Although I acquired a number of books this month, I got rid of more books this month than I took in, which is a rare accomplishment for me!

Ellen said...

Nice job!

Technically, it's one double-wide shelf (and replaced the two shelves I had at my previous apartment). It's only one piece of furniture, but it's quite large. And all of my books don't even fit into it right now.