01 February 2012

January Unbookening

Checked out 8 books from the library
Received 4 to review
Bought 2 (aforepictured SWEET VALLEY CONFIDENTIAL, not worth it, and yesterday's Kindle Daily Deal for THE BEST AMERICAN NOIR OF THE CENTURY, probably worth it)
Borrowed 1 from a coworker (ROOM, very exciting)
Received 1 belated Christmas present (Bart Yasso's THE LONG RUN, took a detour in the mail somewhere)
16 in

Donated 6
Returned 4 to the library
10 out

I'm kind of stockpiling library books for this Tournament of Books business but I expect this will end. Right now I'm reading a library book I've been waiting months for, Lionel Shriver's WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN. Without spoiling anything, those first hundred pages can really make a person give up all dreams of potential future parenthood, can't they? I'm completely riveted to it though -- I even broke my own rule and read a little while walking to work yesterday. (Don't do this if you're accident prone.)

3 comments:

Marissa said...

HOW COULD YOU SAY SWEET VALLEY WAS NOT WORTH IT. I mean, we learned so much important information.

Ellen said...

Like whether everyone Jessica was friends with in high school was still the same weight, or had only gained a few pounds even though it was really difficult for them? GAK.

Wade Garrett said...

Not too bad of a month for your shelves! If eight of them are library books, then you really acquired eight and had six go out. A net gain of +2 looks much better than a net gain of +6