17 February 2011

Wallaceblogging: Short and sweet this week

Who was the last author who inspired you to go back and read her or his earlier books, based on the one you just read?

Along with DFW Jane Gardam is probably the most recent one, and really, can there be a better feeling than finding out a new-to-you author is extensively published? Maybe finding out that an author you love snuck some new book under your nose. Maybe that. But if you can't enjoy this feeling you should seriously reconsider your attachment to books.

3 comments:

Marjorie said...

I love Jane Gardam in exactly that way! I read her book A Long Way From Verona as a teenager and then I found out she has a whole career as an adult novelist.

Wade Garrett said...

Richard Price. I had never read him before Lush Life; now I'm a devout fan.

jess s said...

don't tell anyone. suzanne collins.