18 February 2011

NYC: Here are your remaining Borders stores

Staying:
Time Warner Center (which puzzles me because the rent must be too damn high in that glorified mall)
Penn Station (see above, minus the glorified mall bit)

Sayonara:
32nd and 2nd (by the movie theatre)
Wall Street
And Park Ave. and 57th, the one I always forget about

I can't get too attached to those but I am actually sad my old "local" Borders in Wisconsin is kaput. Where will nerdy/responsible high schoolers hang out now?

Source: City Room

3 comments:

Grace said...

I went to the one in TWC to buy the last book in the Twilight series... haha

Elizabeth said...

I spent many a happy hour hanging out in the bookstore. Almost as many as my dad did.

Will another bookstore take its place, as it took the place of Audubon Books?

Wade Garrett said...

That's too bad - I really liked the one on Wall Street. It was in a beautiful space - high ceilings, chandeliers . . . like the one in downtown Philadelphia, it was a gorgeous place to shop for books.