19 February 2010

Opening this weekend: "Shutter Island," finally

Had I not known about it already, I would have guessed from the trailer that this was the kind of horror movie I always avoid a la "The Crazies" (worst title ever?) but I'm giving Scorsese the benefit of the doubt. And while I recognize the metric is meaningless, I would also like to see it beat "Space Smurf Pocahontas" and "He's Just Not That Into Your Holiday" at the box office.

Here's the trailer:



P.S. "The Crazies" is actually a remake. Perhaps the title was less funny in 1973.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Husband and I saw the previews at the theatre and I was very surprised that it looked like a horror genre film. I listened to it as a book on CD and didn't think of it as such. I love to listen to Lehane's books as audio books while I'm working on some monotonous project. Mystic River was so enthralling I put four coats of paint on our bedroom walls.

I see that our local grumpy film reviewer gave it 4 stars.

Wade Garrett said...

Hilarious new names for those two movies. I say that, from this day forward, we refer to them exclusively as such.