10 August 2008

Unbookening, unnormally

Yes, I know "unnormally" isn't a word.

This month's Unbookening is going to be a little different. As of August 2nd I stopped adding books to my Bookmooch inventory for the month, because... I'm giving all of this month's books away to someone I don't know. Specifically, a Peace Corps friend of a friend who posted a plea for any and all reading materials in English for herself and her fellow corps member.

I've never met her and I want this donation to be a surprise, so I'm not linking to her right now, but I will later! I'm hoping to send her a box of 10-12 books along with a few "comforts of home" which she requested. If she's already read them, perhaps she can share or trade with other people there. I have enough Bookmooch points, and I can't imagine living in a place with zero availability of English books. The cost of shipping a flat-rate box will probably be around what I would normally spend on Bookmooch in a month anyway.

Locals, if you have anything you want to stick into the box, let me know. (I won't count that towards my totals.)

No comments: