25 August 2008

Fringe Benefit II: Wrath Of Fringe

I saw 15 shows this year during the New York International Fringe Festival and in between, I read eight books. I read in 10 different venues, in line to pick up my tickets, in line to sit down and waiting for shows to begin or resume. And then I read on empty subway platforms in the Financial District or the Lower East Side, waiting for the train home (or the train to the train home).

I'm certainly not tired of reading now, but I could use a few quiet nights at home. So if I'm slightly less inspired this week, I pray you pardon me -- still catching up on reviews. One of the books I already wrote about here, Jincy Willett's THE WRITING CLASS, and I'm planning to review the best two later this week once I replenish my store of opinions. (Who knew I had a finite number?)

No comments: