11 November 2013

October Unbookening: "I still have a blog?" edition

Books bought: 3
Checked out of the library: 8
Received to review: 1
Returned from my mom: 1
Passed along from my mom: 1
14 in

Returned 8 e-books to the e-library
Donated 2
10 out

Books read in October
Laura Lippmann, NO GOOD DEEDS (mentioned briefly here)
Adelle Waldman, THE LOVE AFFAIRS OF NATHANIEL P.
Kate Christensen, BLUE PLATE SPECIAL: AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MY APPETITES
Pamela Erens, THE VIRGINS
Elin Hilderbrand, BEAUTIFUL DAY
Rob Delaney, MOTHER. WIFE. SISTER. HUMAN. WARRIOR. FALCON. YARDSTICK. TURBAN. CABBAGE.
Lionel Shriver, THE NEW REPUBLIC
Laura Vanderkam, 168 HOURS
Ivy Pochoda, VISITATION STREET
Anna David, FALLING FOR ME
Rebecca Shambaugh, IT'S NOT A GLASS CEILING, IT'S A STICKY FLOOR
Jim Gaffigan, DAD IS FAT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you like Blue Plate Special? I just started it yesterday. ~Jen

Ellen said...

I did! I enjoyed Christensen's very elemental, down-to-earth take on food writing (a lot of whose frills are typically lost on me) and the combination of that with the history of her writing career was an approach that really worked for me.