07 April 2011

How an author can get my attention on Twitter

Here's Matt Batt's bio: "Sugarhouse, my book about renovating a Salt Lake City crackhouse and my life along with it, comes out in 2012 with Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Meanwhile, tacos."

What I like about it: 
1. It tells me what his book is about in <140 characters (brevity is the soul of Twitter)...
2. ...and when it's coming out. 
3. And there's a joke in it.

That's all you need! By the way, that other author who recently followed me on Twitter has unfollowed me again, before (as threatened) I even got a chance to be offended enough to hit the button myself. Clearly he couldn't handle my Lenny Brucesque material on WATER FOR ELEPHANTS, the German language or creative writing on checks. Maybe today I'll drink sangria and bust out some "Friday" jokes. What will occur?!????

2 comments:

emily gigs said...

I can't believe I missed the "Really?!" tweet. Solid gold.

Sangria ahoy!

Ellen said...

Sangria is the only thing that matters!!!