13 April 2011

Filmbook to be: "My English teacher is gonna get PISSED..."



So saith a comment on the trailer for "Anonymous," a big-budget period thriller about Shakespeare. Look, it's a blockbuster for meeee! It's by Roland Emmerich ("Independence Day") and set to come out this September in the U.S.

While I think most authorship conspiracy stuff is fun but ultimately pointless, it's so rare that an authorial controversy gets made into a movie that you all know I'll be in the middle of the theatre with a big bucket o' popcorn for this one. Not to mention among the cast members is one of my favorite Shakespeareans and a fellow graduate of my high school, Mark Rylance. He doesn't do a lot of movies; you'd be better off trying to catch him onstage (currently, in "Jerusalem" on Broadway).

No comments: