23 March 2011

It's nostalgia day. I just decided.

"Admit it, you hoarded these flyers in your room, painstakingly circling and starring the ones you wanted, you little word nerd." URLesque found and scanned a bunch of those book club mailers popular in the days before children could beg their parents to buy books online. 

I once got in trouble for ordering a book from book order that my parents had said I wasn't allowed to buy. (I can't believe I didn't talk about this on the blog! It was a novelization of a movie I wasn't allowed to see, which I was then told I couldn't read, but... maybe I checked off that box anyway.) Punishment: No book order for 6 months! I was 7. Those were hard times. I later watched the movie it was based on, and it was terrible, so I guess they had a point.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Now that's a tease, to tell that story without saying which book it was.

Ellen said...

Be more fun if you guessed...

Elizabeth said...

I'm going with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 : The Secret of the Ooze.