03 October 2008

Unbookening Month 8: Library Temptation

The Eighth Month of the Great Unbookening
5 books gotten on Bookmooch (I am ashamed. I know.)
17 books checked out of the library
12 books received for review
Bought 1 book (AMERICAN WIFE)
Received 1 book as a gift (KILL YOUR FRIENDS)
= 36 books in.

6 books given away on BookMooch
17 books returned to the library
Gave 9 books away
= 32 books out.

4 more books in than out, even though I skipped the Housing Works book fair. (Lisa, I swear to you, I would have been completely helpless.) Yikes. And I just bought four books online (which I haven't received yet). Looks like I'm going to have to start reading full-time; anyone want to sponsor me in that endeavor?

My goal was to get down to 3 library books. Right now I have 11 out... which is not great, but better at least. And I only added one book to my list of holds, which -- like all the others -- looks to be a long time coming.

Books read in September 2008
121. Brad Meltzer, THE BOOK OF LIES
122. Philippa Gregory, FALLEN SKIES
123. Jennet Conant, THE IRREGULARS
124. Alex Hutchinson, PURPLE STATE
125. Louise Erdrich, THE PLAGUE OF DOVES
126. Lauren McLaughlin, CYCLER
127. Rue McClanahan, MY FIRST FIVE HUSBANDS... AND THE ONES WHO GOT AWAY
128. Joseph O'Neill, NETHERLAND
129. Jeanne Fleming & Leonard Schwartz, ISN'T IT THEIR TURN TO PICK UP THE CHECK?
130. Stieg Larsson, THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO
131. Louis Bayard, THE BLACK TOWER
132. Irina Reyn, WHAT HAPPENED TO ANNA K
133. Katie Crouch, GIRLS IN TRUCKS
134. Francine Prose, GOLDENGROVE
135. Curtis Sittenfeld, AMERICAN WIFE
136. Emma Donoghue, THE SEALED LETTER
137. Lesley Dormen, THE BEST PLACE TO BE
138. Fred Pearce, CONFESSIONS OF AN ECO-SINNER

No comments: