14 April 2008

Speaking of all New York...

J.K. Rowling is here! She has come to testify against the publishers of THE HARRY POTTER LEXICON, a print adaptation of this site, for biting her copyright and damaging her plans for a Harry Potter encyclopedia. I don't know enough about the case or the site to know whether she has a case, but it is a big deal because she hardly ever makes public appearances here... certainly not since Book 7, I believe.

Expert reconnaissance (er, a few minutes of Googling) suggests she is here:


The Daniel Patrick Moynihan Courthouse at 500 Pearl Street. But I won't be going down there to catch a glimpse of her; I'll leave that to the Potter faithful.

Photo: kevin813

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, while I wasn't expecting Rowling to sink into oblivion after book seven, I certainly had not expected all the legal press she's been getting recently.