05 January 2012

Unbookening with the help of Jonathan Ames

"Anthony Powell once titled one of his novels BOOKS DO FURNISH A ROOM. In my case, it’s more like BOOKS DO OVERWHELM A ROOM. I have a thousand or more novels and works of nonfiction, but not enough shelves, so I have uneven stacks of tomes everywhere, all teetering in an intoxicated manner. But I don’t care. I’m a middle-aged old fart who steadfastly refuses to ever read on an electronic device, if for no other reason than I’m a frightened, small-minded technophobe. Also, these gadgets are going to change the way novels are written and conceived, and I’m against change when it comes to things I do." --Jonathan Ames, "The Mess I'm In"

Never mind that we came to opposite conclusions on the matter. Anyway:

Checked out 4 books from the library
Bought 1 book on Kindle
Received 3 to review
Had 1 I loaned out returned to me (THE ASTRAL, so who wants it next?)
Got 13 books for Christmas
22 in

Returned 8 books to the library -- I started the new year with none borrowed, although that changed quickly
Deleted 5 off the Kindle
Donated 3
16 out

No comments: