02 September 2014

Unbookening update

It's a new season and still the books are flooding in. If you didn't notice me stealthily dropping off posts about unbookening in the past few months, you probably can guess by that update that I haven't been doing very well with it. My record-keeping has been shoddy... also my will to get rid of books, or take 30 seconds to think before buying a new book.

So, I'm drawing a fat black line and starting over. I've been staycationing this weekend (in the joyous sense of the portmanteau, not the "economic necessity" sense, although the saved $$$ is nice too) so I have a nice fat stack of books to read. I don't have any out from the library right now, so I'm going to focus on reading my inventory down. 

Additionally, a friend of mine introduced me to The Minimalism Game, which is a method of getting rid of your extra stuff by making it a competition over 30 days. I'm not 100% on board with the minimalist movement, but since I moved into my apartment a year ago (whoo!) and I know there's stuff lurking around that I haven't used in the past year, this seems like a fun way to weed out. I'll update in the middle of the month, probably.

No comments: