23 May 2012

Filmbook-to-be: Trailer for "The Great Gatsby" (2012)

Carey Mulligan, what are you doing? Okay, anyway -- as a heritage Baz loyalist who didn't feel anything from walking out of "Australia," I still want to see it. And DiCaprio's Gatsby, while I wasn't looking forward to it initially, will probably have some interesting wrinkles in it. We knew this wasn't going to be a chamber picture; it'll either be spectacular and great, or spectacular and completely unmoving. For me, I think it's too early to call which, although the Internet has already done that for you if you like. For people griping about how the trailer contains anachronistic Kanye, you are missing the entire point and are recommended to go back and watch "Romeo and Juliet" (my favorite Luhrmann, for the record).

2 comments:

Terry said...

Gatsby? What Gatsby?

Ellen said...

I love Mulligan, but what a wet-noodle line delivery.