08 November 2006

From the Stacks Winter Challenge

Now here's an interesting idea I picked up from surfing the book blogosphere: Michelle of overdue books proposes having a From the Stacks Winter Challenge for November 1st through January 30th, dedicated to reading five of those books you always meant to read -- the ones sitting on your shelf at home right now, waiting to be loved. As Michelle says, "The bonus would be that we would finally get to some of those titles (you know you picked them for a reason!) and we wouldn't be spending any extra money over the holidays."

I need this badly. I have four books out of the library at this moment and easily have 15 on my shelf that I haven't read, many of which I just couldn't live without in my last trip to Houston, land of the magical Half Price Books. (I know, they're everywhere, but I always go when I'm in Texas.) I'm not looking at my shelf right now, but I'm thinking...

  1. Erica Jong, FEAR OF FLYING
  2. Herman Wouk, MARJORIE MORNINGSTAR
  3. Ben Yagoda, ABOUT TOWN: THE NEW YORKER AND THE WORLD IT MADE
  4. Kirsten Lobe, PARIS HANGOVER
  5. Adrian Nicole Leblanc, RANDOM FAMILY

As a bonus to me, these are all paperbacks suitable for all the fabulous traveling I'll be doing in the next three months. OK, I only have two trips planned (Thanksgiving and Christmas), but a girl can dream.

1 comment:

michelle said...

Thanks for joining in! The Yagoda book looks fascinating. Can't wait to hear about it.

Michelle
Overdue Books